Are You Grounded?
I have an open invitation for everyone to come to their center reconnect with the earth and feel “grounded”.
The best literal example I can use is what I do prior to teaching a Foot Fitness class or doing any type of bodywork. I generally ask people to do a check in or perform an inventory of their body prior to us going forward.
Its simple and takes only a three minutes:
Sit with your feet flat on the floor; or stand
- Hands on lap; or hanging easily to your side
- Eyes open or closed, your choice
- Inhale through your nose to the count of 3,
- Exhale to the count of 3 through your nose, like you are pressing out your breath
- Repeat, extending the count as you are comfortable
- Inhale noticing your lungs expanding and your shoulders rising
- Exhale feeling your body melt down down down into your feet
- Inhale feeling the energy rising
- Exhale feeling the energy descending
- Notice your feet and how they are making contact to the floor
- Notice the where you feel the weight distributed
- Press your feet into the floor; extend the toes to create the widest foundation
- Inhale filling your lungs to capacity; lifting through the top of your head
- pause; then exhale and empty your lungs to their depths pressing your feet into the floor
- Take an inventory of your body from the feet up to the top of your head
- Continue to focus on your breath; extending up through the top of the head and extending through the feet into the floor.
- Notice and feel the contrast.
- Continue for as long as comfortable.
The Qualities of the Feng Shui Earth Element
This physical check-in can also be adapted to how you are feeling in your life overall. Check out the Earth qualities:
- Earth is physical, and is tangible in quality,
- Shapes associated are square and rectangle
- Shades of yellow and earth tones,
- Literally soil, ceramics, tile and brick,
- Practical, stable and fertile.
Too much Earth energy may be defined as feeling:
- too much responsibility
- weighted down or heavy
- too conservative
- all method no madness
- getting stuck
- to focused
Too little Earth energy may be defined by feeling:
Balanced Earth Energy
- grounded in the here and now
- accountable of what we do and say
- action to ideas
- practical as an equal partner
- symbolic of being the creator